Etching
This term we have been working on surrealist etchings. I chose my collage 'When No One is Looking' to etch and you can find more information about that in a blogpost below. I have enjoyed etching because I find the medium so imperfect. I like how even if the etching is done in meticulous detail, it will still look imperfect. I find this liberating in a world where colouring inside the lines is often considered 'good' or 'better' than other art.
I think I have done a god job of implying depth. This adds to the work because it makesit more interesting and additionally real. I like my use of variety of line: hatching, cros hatching and stippling. Though there are some areas of the work that I do not think are effective, I like the work, I have worked hard on it, and I have done my best. It was a challenge.

No comments:
Post a Comment